1/20/10

Begone Sad Post!

Posted by Bitten Usagi at 6:02 PM
New post to get rid of my last emo post. I hate emo posts and I rarely do them so now I will write something worth reading.

So I've been working with an awesome photographer here at the Univ who is doing head shots for the theater dept. I've only assisted him one day (was supposed to today but the shoot was canceled) and I will be helping tomorrow. It's Peter Konerko who does head shots for actors and actresses as well as his own work, all of which can be checked out at his website. He's pretty much amazing and I feel so blessed to have this opportunity. I've already learned so much from him after just one shoot. I'm going to be way bummed when this is over.

As you can see in my sidebar--->
I finished Lover Awakened of the Black Dagger Brotherhood and it was AH-MAZING. Started Lover Revealed and just a couple chapters in was already struggling to not cry. Damnit. Lol. I still love it though. ^w^ I should be reading Matsui's Story and I will but damn it's hard to put these books down. Like tortuous to be away from them. #truth

Plus they have very well written sexy time. Yay for sexy time. ^w~

I am having a terrible time concentrating on homework. Srsly. It's ridiculous. I would rather read anything but a text book. Especially if it's my Asian Civ text. BO-RING!! I like history... just not reading about it via textbook. I did however do the reading and do my workbook for Nihongo (Japanese) though. I'd have what she assigned today done... if I didn't suck at kanji. Seriously I am TERRIBLE at remembering kanji, it's ridic. I know less than a 5 year old I swear, lol.

I got an order from Sephora today. I've been a member of their points thingie for like a year or so and just finally ordered. I got the Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion and the Eyeshadow Primer Potion. The Eyeshadow UDPP was the XL and came with a UD lipstick, lip gloss, mascara and eyeliner...

The verdict?

I'm in LOVE!

Urban Decay is my new favorite makeup and I'm thinking there are going to be a lot more UD purchases in my future. Srsly. My eyeshadow is just as perfect as when I put it on at around 1pm. Oh and the color is so much more brighter and what it should be.

Okay... I'll shut up about it now... I'm just so damned excited about it hahaha.

Oh and Lady A's new album comes out Tuesday... I'm DYING. I can't wait for more songs sung by the ever so sexy Charles Kelley. Srsly anything he sings is a #pantydroppin'song. #truth

Warning: I am about to get on my soapbox and rant about politics.

I'm thinking about getting more involved in elections, more than just my usual voting. Those who know me know that I am neither Republican or Democrat and I pretty well hate those parties because I feel like they have too much power. Most voters see their ballot and only pay attention to the candidates everyone hears about and ignores the fact that there are plenty of other candidates from other parties. I'm not saying I'm gung ho for the communists but everyone goes for the "lesser of two evils". Ummm no. Vote for who you truly support, not who you think is the least amount of trouble.

I voted from who I really supported. Later my G-parents (who I love dearly but we have WAY different political opinions) and I were having a convo about voting and I said that people need to realize it doesn't have to be the lesser of two evils and my Gramps said that if you don't vote for one of the two "main" candidates your vote was wasted. I replied with "Well I'd rather my vote be wasted than to vote for someone I don't fully support." He kinda caved a little with that. Which was awesome because he is stubborn (as am I) so to get him to even lean a little is something, lol.

So yeah that turned into a bit of a novel but what I'm saying is that I want to get more involved. Mostly in getting people to realize that in order to get away from this bs we gotta start paying more attention to ALL candidates and what they stand for and voting for who we truly support.

George Washington warned the country over 200 years ago about the negative effects of political parties in a letter he wrote to the nation just before leaving office.

“The common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest of a wise people to discourage and restrain it. It serves always to distract the public counsels and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasional riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions.”

Our main political parties no longer care about what is best for the people and the parties are too busy slinging mud to focus on the real issues at hand. I think it's time we do something about it and make a movement for a REAL change.

*steps off soapbox*

2 comments:

Christina on January 20, 2010 at 10:34 PM said...

I don't think I have ever actually tried Urban Decay makeup myself but I always get an urge to buy it. The way they package everything and whatnot makes it pretty tempting.

Ahmen about reading textbooks. I can read a regular book all day long but when I pick up a textbook I fall asleep within 30 minutes.

KatOfDiamonds on February 1, 2010 at 6:15 PM said...

Tag You're It!
http://bit.ly/BeautifulBloggerAward

 

Bitten Usagi Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei